Path of the Soul
An advanced program of Jewish education and practice.
Led by Alan Morinis and Sharon Schwartz.
The study and practice of Mussar helps you recognize your own personal program in living, and provides you with the tools needed to follow that curriculum – which means growing toward wholeness.
Participants who have completed either Everyday Holiness: The Course or both levels of A Season of Mussar are eligible to enroll in the Path of the Soul course which is offered in two formats:
- Local Path of the Soul
People who participate in a local group take the course as two 13 session terms. People who take the first term may opt to continue for the second, but no one can start with the second term. The start date for a local group will be determined by the local group facilitator.
- Distance Path of the Soul
The full 26-session course is offered once a year as an internet and telephone-based distance learning program. See below for start date.
What is the path of the soul? And more to the point, how do you recognize and follow yours? Only by answering these questions – not in theory, but in the flesh of your life – can you discover and follow the track that leads to your most elevated spiritual destiny.
Path of the soul is nothing other than a curriculum for wholeness, complete with assignments, learning, challenges and tests. Each of us has his or her own curriculum, though not everyone is aware that his or her life-course is a curriculum, nor engages with it consciously.
- Shining light on the path of the soul to uncover the stages, levels, dynamics and pitfalls the soul encounters as it seeks its way toward healing into wholeness; and
- making accessible Mussar’s wisdom to guide a wise and successful traverse of this path. We are fortunate that the way has been marked, across valleys and over high ridges, under bright sun and through the darkness too.
An engaged participant in Path of the Soul will come away with:
- A clear understanding of Mussar teachings that describe and light the path of the soul.
- New insight into their own personal spiritual curriculum.
- Tools and practices to help guide his or her soul’s journey.
- A new depth of spiritual maturity.
The course is taught through:
- Online curriculum (requires access to internet and email).
- A peer support group (face-to-face if locally available, otherwise by email/telephone).
- Learning partnerships (chevruta).
- Personal contact with an experienced Mussar teacher.
- Path of the Soul participants are encouraged to attend the Mussar Kallah. The Kallah is an annual three-day retreat bringing together the growing Mussar community of teachers and students. The program is optional to the program (though highly recommended!) and modest additional costs will apply. To find out more or to register click here.
REGISTRATION & FEES
REGISTRATION: Now open.
START DATE: January 2013
DURATION: 6 months. The course generally runs on a weekly basis but we try to be flexible to accommodate the specific needs of any group.
i. Local Path of the Soul: Each term is $150 per student per 13-session term.
ii. Distance Path of the Soul: $300 for the full 26-session course.
Please note: Fees do not include long distance telephone costs should chevruta or group meetings take place by phone.
For withdrawal before the program has begun:100% refund
For withdrawal within the first two weeks after the program has begun: 50% refund
For withdrawal after the first two weeks after the program has begun: no refund
Register for Path of the Soul